As a writer, have you made a dime online before? This guide on 5 ways to make money online as a writer or an aspiring writer.
If writing is what you have passion for, you can make A LOT of money online. There are a lot of people who have quit their 9 to 5 jobs and have gone full-time into freelance writing.
Do you know how to write?
While learning how to write, learn how to market your skill. Build your portfolio because people will want to see stuffs you have written before.There are a lot of income sources online to help you live life as a full-time writer. You can choose to stick with one or go with as many as you feel comfortable with.
5 Ways to make lot of money online as a writer
1). Write for Online Publications
Finding these blogs is very easy. Just type, for example, “business blogs that pay writers” on Google search engine and you will find a lot of blogs that pay even up to $250 per post.But have it in mind that to make money writing for online publications, you need more than a laptop and a passion for writing. You will need SEO knowledge to be able to impress your clients and be retained for as long as you keep delivering great work.
2). Self-publish a Book
3). Freelancing Sites
There is a lot of competition in all of these platforms. So, to land clients, you must be specific with the kind of service you provide as a content writer and your rate.
4). Publishing Short Stories on Penpee
How does it work?
You sign up on the platform and get awarded free credits. These credits allow you to read stories published by other writers. So, when your credit finishes, you will need to buy credit to be able to read stories on the platform.In this same way, when someone reads your stories, you get awarded with credits which can be converted into cash you can withdraw via PayPal or bank transfer. It is free to sign up!
5). Start a Blog
Having a blog as a writer can make you extremely rich. A blog gives you multiple streams of income. You can use your blog to show potential clients you are a writer and are open for hire. A blog is one good way to market your service as a freelance writer. It can serve as your online portfolio.
WARNING: Before you start or build any blog, make sure you are thought the nitty gritty.
- Learn about blogging and everything it entails.
- Choose a niche you love
- Buy a custom domain name
- Buy a hosting account (I recommend Namecheap)
- Set up the blog
- Start publishing
How to make money with blogs
What determines how much you earn monthly is the amount of traffic your site receives.
- Google AdSense: You create a blog in a specific niche like tech, upload a lot of content, and start driving traffic to your site. After you must have been getting a good amount of traffic, you then sign up with Google AdSense. When Google AdSense approves your site, you start earning from ads displayed on your blog. The more traffic you get, the more you earn.
- Affiliate Marketing: You can also sell affiliate products on your blog and earn a good commission in return. You just create content promoting the product in a way that doesn’t seem like promotion. As far as you have built a strong relationship with your blog readers upfront, you are likely to make sales easily.
- Information Marketing: Selling online products with your blog is also another way you can make money online writing. You can create a digital product and sell to your readers. Building an email list before launching your products will help generate a lot of sales for you.
Hope you can see right now that there are a lot of ways to make money as a writer with a blog?